Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Best day of your life!

     Several years ago I served a mission for my church in Europe. It was an amazing time and I was able to learn so many things about myself, as well as about people in general. Europe is a wonderful and beautiful place, but with the work that we were doing as missionaries at times it proved to be a little overwhelming. I was always impressed by a particular young man that went out at the same time that I did. We didn't know each other beforehand but he was a very kind and happy person. With the nature of our work there, we didn't spend much time together as we traveled around to different areas. Every now and then I would see him at a meeting and each time I was impressed with his demeanor. We would ask him how things were going and how he was doing and each time, without fail, he would respond, "It's the best day of my life." I learned a lot from that little phrase. Times were tough as we worked in Europe. Strangers in a strange country, we had to work hard so that we could stay positive.
     I thought about my friends never failing response to how he was doing, "Its the best day of my life." I thought about it a lot. Now, years later, that phrase still comes into my head. "Is today the best day of my life?" When I pose that question to myself, I realize that things don't always just fall into place in order to make each day "The best day of our lives!" We have to work each day to make it The best day. What are we doing today to make it better than yesterday? What are we doing to make today "The best day of our lives?"


     Life is all about going out and doing what you want to do. Doing what you know you can do. Theres no reason that you can't go out and become the person that you always dreamed you would be. People may tell you that you aren't smart enough, that you don't have enough experience, that you are too small or not old enough. None of that matters if you know what you want and you keep focused on your goal. Its all about making each day better than the last. Making each day "THE BEST DAY OF YOUR LIFE!"


No comments:

Post a Comment